View Single Post
Old 12-25-11, 07:51 AM
cycleheimer

Bikes: '02 Litespeed, '99 Bianchi Alfana. '91 Fuji Saratoga, '84 Peugeot Canyon Express, '82 Moto GR, '81 Fuji America, '81 Fuji Royale; '78 Bridgestone Diamond Touring, '76 Fuji America, plus many more!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked 225 Times in 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Medicine_Man
yea I live in Arlington not to far from UTA and i know a Bike Tune shop there. I know its a womans frame but hey i could care less, The guy i bought this from has a trek -which is a mans bike to boot- that i was interested in switching it out for im not sure. I took it out for 6 miles as soon as i got it and MY LORD it was allot fun. although its like 40F outside hahah but to clarify how can you distinguish a male frame from women? is it the horizontal bar as opposed to the slant?
Where I am I rarely see women riding bikes that have a "womans frame". However, I do see alot of normal looking men riding them. It's transporation. That is a mixte frame, though, so you can wear a cool "WWII French resistance" style beret and adopt an accent ... carry a bottle of wine and a loaf of bread ... just kidding! BTW, many of the new bike frames for men have some seriously sloping frames that are reminiscent...IMO...of the old style women's frames.