View Single Post
Old 07-14-05, 08:02 PM
myenzo

Bikes: 2004 Giant Iguana 2005 Specialized Enduro SX Trail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm 15 too. Anyway's if you want to get a decent bike I would look at the Giant line. They're cheaper than specialized, but have better compnents and the frame is just as good. I ride a giant Iguana, not really a xc bike but it works. From the giant line I would recomend a XTC. I picked one up, they are so light. But it costs 1000, not sure if thats in your price range though. Otherwise look at a Giant Iguana or Ranier. Anyway's as for passing people, I am really good at downhill sections, so that is where I pass everyone. But you definatly want to train a bit before you race. It takes more energy than you think it does. If your doing a multilap race bring some sort of energy gel, they are really effective. You just have to get past the taste. Finaly, you need to remember to pace youself. If it's possible try to bolt to the front of the pack when you start, but if they're moving really fast, don't try to overtake them, you will just burn off all of your energy. Oh, remember to have fun while you race.