Old 12-29-11, 12:02 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1147 Post(s)
Liked 1,252 Times in 795 Posts
Originally Posted by DropDeadFred
wow, I don't see why everybody is going off on the OP...clearly its a crappy gift.....
See this is where you and the OP are wrong. Maybe neither of you have had enough time or experience to have a decent perspective on this. OP just sounds like a self centered, immature person, which is understandable and excusable, to a certain extent among young people. On the other hand, neither of my kids was like this beyond about 12 years old.

Anyway, my point is that it's not a "crappy gift" worthy of "disgust". Actually, it is a really nice piece of equipment and something that indicates that the giver wants to support the receiver's outdoor pursuits.

What you guys think is "crappy" and worthy of "disgust" is that this perfectly fine, good quality, thoughtful gift is not what he (OP) wanted. Just because it's not what he wanted does not mean it's not thoughtful or a nice item.

See the difference? A few years under the belt will reveal a lot of this stuff to you guys if you pay attention to life a little.