Old 12-29-11, 04:08 PM
Nick Bain

Bikes: Caad8, Mukluk 3, Trek Superfly, Gary Fisher Irwin.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by banerjek
Now I'm confused. I thought you were screwing around -- this is serious? It's really bad karma not to appreciate good thoughts even if they take misdirected forms.

It takes a long time for family and friends to grok this stuff. Over time, mine have come to appreciate that I spend a fortune on my habit and am very particular about certain details. But I appreciate all efforts and even newbies to the game can come up with decent ideas -- one of my young nephews picked out a chamois to wipe down my racing bike so it would be pretty. Score!

Why take it cycling? That looks like a hiking pack to me when a backpack would be overkill. In any case, it can be lent out to people who'd like to use it.
I was speaking honestly, just saying I wrote it with too harsh a tone. I come from people who usually put a lot of thought into every gift for each person so they get something they can use. The gift I got seemed more of a shot in the dark, which would have not been the case if they went to a proper bike shop which to me is a no brainer