View Single Post
Old 07-15-05, 08:47 PM
Dusk
LeMond Lives!

Bikes: In 1963 my sister taught me to ride on her girl’s frame (no wonder I shave my legs) Schwinn it was blue and it weighted a billion pounds. – Gone, 2nd bike - a Schwinn Colligate (Gold) 5 speed – Traded in, 3rd bike – 1971 Schwinn Continental (Maro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
One of the bikes I took to Ireland for a year and loved was a 2002 Poprad. I sold it before I left Ireland.

Last fall I needed my Cyclocross fix. I was all ready to just buy the 05 Poprad, but had some time and looked around. I ended up with a Cannondale Cross. The carbon fork really helps smooth out the rough stuff. Nice wheels and tires. Also the frame being alum. for fall and winter riding is nice due to the condensation from warm house to MN winters. It will take a rack and also has great room for fenders. The big thing was the Cannondale was smoother, more controllable and had better grip. The Poprad was harsh, bouncy and had smooth tires (nice if you’re just on trails) but not for off road. I love my LeMond Road bike as the longer top tube fits me well. But the Poprad just didn’t work for me.

Don’t get me wrong the Poprad is a very good bike!

But as I always say …. buy the bike that fits your body the best! What works for me may not work for you.

Cheers,
Dusk