Old 01-06-12, 11:30 AM
valygrl

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Lou Skannon
I admit that I am judgemental; when you are out on the road with a bicycle in strange places you have to judge the people and the situation instantly. I've never yet met a cycle-tourer who didn't look at someone else's set-up and make a judgement on it, instantly. Even when in "plain-clothes"; who doesn't look at a passing touring bike and think: "Nice" or "Dunno about that."********************?
I think the comparison with the F-150 is fair. The basic Ford Pick-up truck is a good work-horse that does the job it was built to do. Jacking it up adds nothing. The same can be said for 40 litre Back Rollers.
well, you did *ask* "Or am I being a little harsh." so you are inviting comment on your judgment, surprise surprise, you got some!

I don't really get why you have to judge everyone you see instantly, based on their equipment. You could be missing meeting a lot of interesting people that way. By making snap judgements you're just reducing your ability to experience anything in the world other than what you expect.

ANyway, I like the white ones with the grey dots, but I don't need panniers right now.