Old 01-06-12, 02:51 PM
amckimmey

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by valygrl
So, OP, I notice you started 2 threads pretty much about the exact same thing, your new panniers, with links all over to your blog. Why is that? Is there a commercial purpose?
Originally Posted by shelbyfv
You got him, Valygrl. Trolling for hits on his blog.....
One thread is from a couple weeks ago when I reviewed my Ortlieb panniers, and this is about my girlfriend's new ones. Though this might be considered trolling, which I admit to doing to the smallest extreme. Only to get my small blog somewhat on peoples' radar. I post the entire post on the forum page so people don't have to go to my blog if they don't want to. And there is no commercial or financial gain at all on my end. The only gain I get is the joy and excitement that people are viewing my blog. My blog is produced with the free site, wordpress.com which does not allow for ads or gaining money off of it. It's just a personal site, with reviews of products I bought, and like, and news about what I find interesting. I am just trying to get the information about the new panniers out there, and get a nice conversation about what people thought about them, which I happened to write about on my blog. Why not post it directly from that. People might be interested to know they are making them in new designs. Some people don't have Ortliebs and might like to know. I posted it on bike forums to help people find out if they ever want to in the future about the panniers themselves.

In this day and age people want choices, even when it comes to their panniers, from one of the greatest pannier makers in the world (I guess they might have sold out in some your eyes). For a 22 year old it would be nearly impossible to own a set of the 20 year old wire/hook Ortliebs (unless your bike enthusiast parents thought way in advance). In Eugene, there are tons of LHTs and Ortlieb bags just for commuting, and old Walmart bikes that have more miles than most touring bikes. If my post about the new designs upsets anyone, I apologize.

Just out of curiosity, how does a car free commuter compare with a recreational tourer in your judgement?