View Single Post
Old 01-07-12, 05:07 AM
badmother

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by khuong
I bought a Swift on ebay hoping to enjoy it when I came back from a November vacation. Unfortunately it came in two packages, the second package never came with the front wheel

Does anyone have any recommendations on front wheels? The standard front wheel on the Xootr site is temporarily out of stock. I know most people have their own wheels built for weight + performance reasons, but I am just looking for a quick fix.

Thanks!
If you want answers from us who are not Swift owners you must tell us the spacing of the hub, is it a wide or narrow folder hub?

Maybe you could get a Dahon wheel from Thor since you are in the US?

http://www.thorusa.com/accessories/wheels.htm

Edit: Also look around. If it is for just a few weeks maybe there is a 20" childs bike (that is not being used by a child of course) you could get hold of and use the front wheel?

I had problems with my 20" folder on a biketour this summer, started popping spokes. I found a 20" childs bike by the dumpster at the camping site and managed to use that wheel approx one week until I got home and could fix it permanentely. This really was an eye opener on the fact tat standard wheels (spoke lenght, spoke count and so on) and standard gear solutions (shifter) can be really important.

If you need to buy something at full price to solve your problem maybe buy a wheel with a dynohub? Not the cheapest but you get something that many would find wery useful. Can be used for lights and for charging a cellphone.

Last edited by badmother; 01-07-12 at 05:39 AM.