Old 01-09-12, 03:27 PM
rdtompki

Bikes: Volagi, daVinci Joint Venture

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
I have a Volagi and have no regrets. Who knows, it may someday be worthy of putting in my will. I'm just an aged, can't-take-it-with-you geek, but the ride is excellent. While not up to the cushy standards of our steel tandem, it's light years ahead of my steel OCR1. And if your 200 lbs. like I am the disc brakes take most of the terror out of a steep, winding, ranch-road descent (ranch road = really , really bad road). I can brake with two fingers and there is absolutely no fade. I'm even wishing I had a disc on the front our of tandem (we have one on the rear).

I hope Volagi prevails in the sense of survival. Volagi has put together what may be the first lightweight CF, disc brake bike and I would hate to see them fall by the wayside only to have the general concept mainstreamed by the big boys.

Some of their actions, either by timing or nature, may have been ill-advised or constituted some form of contract violation, but it's a bit distressing to contemplate an employment contract that essentially owns an employee 24/7. What if Joe and Charlie leave a company making widgets and start a better widget company. Assuming no IP was stolen, the work was not performed on company time or use company assets (or trade secrets) does the first company assert some right because Joe and Charlie got smarter in their employ? (ignoring executive-level no-compete clauses, etc.). Ain't servitude grand?

Last edited by rdtompki; 01-09-12 at 03:29 PM. Reason: typo