Old 01-11-12, 02:30 PM
Rob_E

Bikes: Downtube 8H, Surly Troll

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by shriekingmonkey
I have a Kona Dew Deluxe myself and used the very same bag from April - December. It's a good bag, although, I learned the hard way one day, that you should NOT rely on the plastic clip alone to secure the bag to the rack. (Maybe that's obvious to everyone but me). One day I had it heavily loaded secured only with the quick click or whatever they call it, and hit a big bump in the road going pretty quick, and it fell off. Ever since I started making sure to use the velcro straps as well and never had another problem.
I have never had that issue. If I had, I would likely not recommend them. What I like about about them is the ease with which you can remove the bags. If I had to use the velcro, I would just go with a trunk bag that attached using just velcro. Were you using on a Topeak rack?

I have had issues with my basket hitting the seat before engaging the clip on one bike. In that case, I ran a bungee around the seat and to the basket, making it impossible for the basket to slide off, and that kept it fine.

I believe some bags currently available don't even have the velcro straps. Mine does, but the only time I have used the straps is when attaching the bag to a non-Topeak rack.