View Single Post
Old 01-11-12, 06:48 PM
rodar y rodar
weirdo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Just what I was looking for, 200miler, thanks a bunch! And Lew, no hijack involved, thank you for chiming in with your views. If you go, have you given any thoughts to how you`re going about it? Maybe we`ll bump into each other.

I called the park this morning and was told what you just said about the new center, that it`s ahead of schedule and will probably be ready by the time I get there, so that`s a bit of a relief. The lady also told me that Texas Springs CG won`t be affectd by the FC closure and that I can park at the visitors center and inform the people inside what was going on to keep from being towed.

200, no water at Emigrant or Wildrose campground? I`ll be sure to double check before leaving SW, but based on the park`s website, I did plan on having water available at both those places. If not, I`ll have to carry more, but will still do that loop. Panamint should have water also when I get back to the highway, shouldn`t it? I know it`s a slight detour, but I figured to fill up there before starting up Townes. I`d like to take either the hike to Wildrose Peak or pedal/push/walk to Augereberry Pt if it`s feasible. Have you been to those places? Do you consider one or the other of those side trips to be more rewarding, more time consuming, roughly equal?

I do have some dirt in mind, though it sounds like Titus is much rougher than I was thinking. I`ve seen very little of the canyon, only the two-way entrance road and about a half hour`s walk up from there. I`m completely blank about the upper portions. I still want to make that trip, but will but won`t take the conditions so lightly, and will plan on three days for the loop from FC. Enough?

I`m scratching the "outside" routing through DVJ and Beatty, but might drop in and check out Rhyolite before making the U-turn to go back down Titus. I`ll just take my time on both those loops and call that a trip. Parking at FC, I`ll decide which direction to go first based on wind, make one loop, pick up extra food from my truck, then do the other. Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Beautiful, Doug! Were you biking?

Last edited by rodar y rodar; 01-11-12 at 06:57 PM.