Old 01-12-12, 03:11 AM
RVD72

Bikes: Cervelo R3, Trek 6500, Brompton M6R, Dahon Speed D7, TidalForce S-750 custom, Breezer Uptown

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
coincidentally, i took my folder out in public transportation for the very first time today. i rode from my house to the redondo beach metro train station (about 5 miles) and then rode the train for 4 stops, got on a bus, got off about 2 miles from work, rode to work.

i got a lot of attention too. in the morning it wasn't too bad because people were busy, etc. but i did get a lot of people saying stuff like "that's cool man" and i overheard a lot of people talking amongst themselves "yo, check that out..."

however, on the way home one of the slightly sketchier looking fellows did approach and ask about the bike. he just kept saying how it looks like there's a lot of engineering and looks complicated, etc. he asked "how much are those? like $1500?" this is a dude who was just grabbing stuff out of the trash can a few minutes ago. i just said "nah...they start at like $200 and go up...this one was like $600" and he just said "oh ok" and eventually left.

i guess it just comes with the territory.

these people all thought the bike was so cool and they didn't even know the best part about it...mine has a freaking hub motor and runs on batteries! i didn't get around to telling anyone that and they couldn't tell.

it was nice taking it into the train, bus, etc. but it also took me about 2 hours door to door each way to/from work today. it usually takes me about 1 hour (16 mile commute each way) so i don't think i'll be doing this train/bus thing anymore.