Old 01-12-12, 11:48 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,039 Times in 1,877 Posts
Originally Posted by guidogad
Hi. I think I've got a Centurion, too.
The serial number is N4S5293, so late 1984 manufacture and probably a 1985 model.
Else, I don't have much to go by as I got it as a bare frame repainted black w/o fork.
I've seen the 1984 catalog somewhere and it's not in there. Mine already has the pump peg behind the head tube as it shows up on examples from 1985 on.
Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a 1985 catalog. And I can't match it to any of the 1985 examples that I find around.
A couple of frame/ design specs could help to ID if someone recognises them.
First, no eyelets for fenders/racks.
Second, fluted (concave) seat stay caps.
Third, It's a 56 cm frame weighing 2,225g but about a 100g could be the 'extra' paint in it's current state. Could be Champion #1 or #2, not sure for that matter.
Any clues?
Cheers
Unfortunately, one of the members deleted all his posts from this thread, so it is no longer as easy task to check the database for a specific year and model, then reference back to the original post for things like pictures. I take it that there is no embossing on the stay caps or fork crown? What brand are the dropouts? Can you post a pic of the stay caps, dropouts and fork crown? Based on the serial number, it's in that grey area where it could be either a 1984 or 1985 model. It also may be something other than a Centurion, as that serial number is for a contract manufacturer.