Old 01-13-12, 09:07 PM
hueyhoolihan

Bikes: 8 ss bikes, 1 5-speed touring bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Beerbarian
I have pulled the brake apart, and removed the brake pads as I mentioned above. The problem is that the brake pads held the male and female parts of the "Screw" that engages the hub when you pedal forward close enough to engage. I have put washers in there on the axel bolt, and they mostly work, but there is a half to whole crank of the pedals before they engage. And it kinda sucks.

I am willing to buy a whole new real wheel if that is what it takes. Is there a 26" Rear wheel set up I can buy to make it a simple freewheel set up?
if you have temerity to disassemble your coaster brake, remove the brake pads, and the wherewithal to reassemble it, you have more knowledge about such things than 90 percent of the people on this forum. i have no doubt you will succeed if you really want to. but remember there are many types of bikes, cruisers, kids bikes, road bikes, single speed bikes, track bikes, commuter bikes, touring bikes, tandem bikes, etc., and although they may look alike. it is just superficial. each is largely incompatible with others.