View Single Post
Old 01-14-12, 08:32 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,039 Times in 1,877 Posts
Originally Posted by guidogad
I've just been through the whole thread. OMG, what a monster. Anyways, I was able to make a few observations with a focus on references to Elite RS.
An early post (#54) shows a 1986 Elite RS w/o eyelets but with flat seat stay caps. A few references to 1985 didn't show the caps clearly and one example (thread #1069) shows a 1985 Elite RS with front eyelets, but none in the rear, again, caps not really clear.
The funniest thing is that my bike here was discussed in this thread by the previous owner (#810) w/o outcome. Small world when the thread gets big enough.
Another observation is that rear brake bridges tend to be slightly curved whereas mine is straight.
Blue303, how about your seat stay caps?
The the other thing I keep wondering about is the weight. How much is a bare mid sized frame in Champion #1 and Champion #2 sopposed to weigh?
I've seen tube set tables putting them at around 2200 but other putting them similar to 531 or SL around 2000. (Notable differences between sources only pertain to the Tange tubesets). Do we have some evidence here from all those #1 amd #2 bikes...?
Yes, I admit it, I created a monster. Maybe I should change my forum ID to Dr. Centurienstein? It was even bigger before one of the members deleted well over 100 of his posts.

If you've gone through the entire thread, then I won't bother. I'm pretty sure Centurion never featured the '85 RS in an ad. They were too busy pushing the Cinelli Equipe and the new Ironman models. Hopefully, something will pop up. I also wouldn't dismiss the possibility of it not being a Centurion. BTW is that original paint or not? If not, are there any remnants of the OEM paint color inside the BB shell, head tube or on the steerer tube?