Thread: Boyd or Soul
View Single Post
Old 01-17-12, 06:21 AM
pdedes
ka maté ka maté ka ora

Bikes: breezer venturi - red novo bosberg - red, pedal force cg1 - red, neuvation f-100 - da, devinci phantom - xt, miele piste - miche/campy, bianchi reparto corse sbx, concorde squadra tsx - da, miele team issue sl - ultegra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Grasschopper
The difference between most of the brands/builders mentioned here and Soul is that they all use off the shelf hubs, spokes and rims where Soul has their own hubs and rims. The 30mm Boyd wheels are Kinlin XR-300s...the carbon rims are Gigantex. I haven't had any myself but the build quality is supposed to be good which is what is important. Sean's 30mm rims are custom for him and 23mm wide, I believe all of Sean's wheels for 2012 will have the new wider width following the recent trend. To be honest I have heard an increasing number of quality issues with Soul wheels and it makes me wonder if Sean grew or is growing too fast. I've communicated with Sean a bunch and know that if I were to have an issue with any of the wheels I've bought from him he will do what is needed to make it right. But yea he is on the other side of the planet (from me here in the US).

I think it depends on what you are looking for in a wheel.
that would be incorrect.