Old 01-18-12, 01:26 PM
Artkansas 
Pedaled too far.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by AzTallRider
Please show me a poorer neighborhood that doesn't have a Walmart, Costco, or some discount food chain. They all sell fruits and veggies. Their meat may not be as natural as one would like, but the healthy choices are there.
Come on down to Little Rock. At the intersection of Brown and Roosevelt, you might be able to cage some donuts from the cop station across the street, but there are no grocery stores, the Walmarts are all on the west side of town and there isn't a Costco in the entire state. The dollar stores nearby might have something though.

I ride the buses alot, and in Little Rock, people talk on the buses so you get to know them. There are a few slackers, but most are hard-working, church-going folks who may have 2-3 jobs trying to keep a roof over their head. What they don't have is an education and the big picture that you do.

Originally Posted by Bjforrestal
I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.