View Single Post
Old 01-24-12, 08:44 AM
Stealthammer
Still spinnin'.....

Bikes: Fisher Opie freeride/urban assault MTB, Redline Monocog 29er MTB, Serrota T-Max Commuter, Klein Rascal SS, Salsa Campion Road bike, Pake Rum Runner FG/SS Road bike, Cannondale Synapse Road bike, Santana Arriva Road Tandem, and others....

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I tend to ride hard, and I hold on and try and save myself and the bike until the last possible second when I am endanger of going down, so I wear a helmet and gloves at a minimum all of the time. I also wear DH pads when riding off-road during the icy seasons, in extreme conditions, and even when commuting on-road in seriously inclement weather.

You don't want to wear a helmet thats fine, but don't be an a$$ and blindly claim that the helmet is unwarrented when riding a bicycle. You don't know how or where I ride. If you want to cruise your MUPs without helmets who can argue, but if you want to ride where and how I ride you would be a fool not to wear one.

I've got a collection of helmets (both cycling and motorcycling) that show obvious signs of serious contact with solid objects over the years. They sit on a shelf in my garage to remind me and others that "safety gear" is worn for a reason.

Last edited by Stealthammer; 01-24-12 at 08:49 AM.