View Single Post
Old 01-24-12, 09:06 AM
ambitions2o

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by delacrank
Ok first off where do you live not all people in nyc get there bikes stolen only idiots who free lock (wheels to their frame), second off not all bike messengers are broke, all i ask was a simple question should i buy a cervelo or a bianchi pista, I am buying a new bike reguardless for many reasons.

One if its faster, i can make more money and do more runs spending less energy. Two there are many times we have to ride more then 40 or 50 blocks to go somewhere, not everyday is grid lock traffic, there are many places where there is no traffic. Three people have been responding with a lot of negative commentary and jumping on the bandwagon saying i agree with this guy.

Whats the point of 14 people saying I agree its like ok i got the message 14 times but no one has offered any insite to my situation or alternatives for aluminum bikes. I feel that if you have never messaged before than you shouldn't give advice to a person who is messaging first off. Second off if you have and you disagree thats okay too, there are many messengers who ride ****ty bikes and thats okay too. Do those messengers make as much money as the ones with nicer bikes that could be up for debate but thats not the point.

The point is I have decided to buy a bike and have the money saved up for it and while i appreciate all the fast responses and suggestions, which are all very good some of the gifs and stuff are a little insulting and unnecessary.

First let me start off....calm down my man. Don't let the Internet ruin your day.

Second, I live in NYC and ride a ton (I will say I am NOT a messenger). Personally as I ride in NYC, lock the bike up, etc, etc I am concerned with damage and getting it stolen so that is why I didn't buy that great of a bike. Thus everyone agreeing with the Sherlock. However, it seems as you being a messenger you would use it more than I would and you already decided.

I like the Cervelo T1. Maybe wrap the areas where your lock is going to be to cut down on the dings and stuff?

Then again I own a '70 Challenger, which is my dream car, but I don't drive that to work everyday...

Best of luck.