View Single Post
Old 01-24-12, 07:46 PM
Dahon.Steve

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by dcrowell
I'm off my bike for a while due to neck issues, So I'm taking the bus to work.

When I got on the bus this morning I had to put my laptop bag on the wheel well (with a dozen other bags) and bodily push myself into the crowd to get behind the standee line.

This bus is constantly crowded. TARC (the bus line) has several routes that run every 15 minutes, but this isn't one of them. Why don't they use extra buses on the crowded routes?

Aaargh. This is a known issue. The local car-free advocacy groups have pushed TARC about this issue, and I guess funding is an issue.

This is not how you encourage people to ride the bus rather than drive. I'm considering walking to work (3.5 miles) tomorrow to avoid this.
Sorry for your difficulity.

I used to have those problems a long time ago. I looked for other bus lines that were less empty and to this day would rather pay more to ride a bus that allows me to sit. I don't know if you have that option but but I would look to multimode commute as an option. You might not be able to bike commute but can you bike to a further bus stop?

The ecomomy is really picking up because my bus for the first time in two years was full! This is a good sign but it means public transit is going to have full loads. I moved to another town that has llightrail and express bus service. In fact, lightrail is a real game changer. No wonder General Motors dismantled scores of tolley lines because there were too many carfree individuals like me who didn't need to drive if trains were available.