Old 01-24-12, 11:02 PM
San Francisco
Member On Probation

Bikes: Bianchi San Lorenzo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oh, by the way, if your tinnitus was caused by combat, you can apply to the VA for a disability. (I applied years later after I got out, at the recommendation of my primary care VA doc). I got a 10% rating.)

Where the rating is beneficial is: 1) I got FREE hearing aids (top of the line model, $5,000 units); 2) a zero co-pay group on medical care; and 3) lifetime placement in the zero co-pay rating.

So while combat injuries are a drag the disability rating helps. So if you served and suffered hearing injury check with the VA. YOU CAN APPLY FOR MEDICAL CARE AND SIMPLY GET PUT INTO THE SYSTEM. Later, if you lose your private insurance you can then "activate" your VA benefits.

(And the care is excellent, by the way. Here in San Francisco the VAMC is superb. The "hearing aids dept." is fantastic.)

Note: I am not sure, but if the ringing in your ears is from military service and the "hearing aids dept." says it is, no matter your financial situation, the VA may give you hearing aids. Worth checking out. (The hearings aids have cut out some of the ringing in my ears.)