Old 01-28-12, 04:19 AM
E_merlin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Please allow me to be the voice of dissension.... I am not a fan of clipless pedals even on my road bike - toe clips are Ok. I think it depends on your purpose, but I mainly commute and fitness/fun ride and am just not interested in maximum efficiency or speed. I know that puts me in the minority here. My commute is about 10 miles and my "sport" rides are about 35 miles with an occasional century thrown in. I simply prioritize comfort and convenience over performance. Some would argue the performance difference is negligible, I think this has been debated ad nauseam on the interwebs. Lastly, IHMO, modern clipless pedals on a vintage ride just seem to look out of place to me.

I am riding some MKS Lambda Pedals, occasionally with powergrips and like them fairly well. On my road bike I really like the MKS GR-9 Platform Pedal.

Please keep in mind, I am old, slow and somewhat of a curmudgeon. I am often "that guy" who can been seen riding in sandals with socks.... just not black socks, yet :-)

Last edited by E_merlin; 01-28-12 at 04:22 AM.