Old 01-28-12, 06:57 AM
OldsCOOL

Bikes: '77 Colnago Super, '76 Fuji The Finest, '88 Cannondale Criterium, '86 Trek 760, '87 Miyata 712

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 659 Post(s)
Liked 595 Times in 313 Posts
Originally Posted by E_merlin
Please allow me to be the voice of dissension.... I am not a fan of clipless pedals even on my road bike - toe clips are Ok. I think it depends on your purpose, but I mainly commute and fitness/fun ride and am just not interested in maximum efficiency or speed. I know that puts me in the minority here. My commute is about 10 miles and my "sport" rides are about 35 miles with an occasional century thrown in. I simply prioritize comfort and convenience over performance. Some would argue the performance difference is negligible, I think this has been debated ad nauseam on the interwebs. Lastly, IHMO, modern clipless pedals on a vintage ride just seem to look out of place to me.

I am riding some MKS Lambda Pedals, occasionally with powergrips and like them fairly well. On my road bike I really like the MKS GR-9 Platform Pedal.

Please keep in mind, I am old, slow and somewhat of a curmudgeon. I am often "that guy" who can been seen riding in sandals with socks.... just not black socks, yet :-)
I have clips just for the purpose (mostly) of safety. Foot slippage at speed or hills is not pretty. One bike is for serious riding....I dont race anyone but myself or the occasional lonely rider up in front.....and the other is my pretty Moto and will take sandals .

ride on....