Old 01-28-12, 04:15 PM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3241 Post(s)
Liked 2,512 Times in 1,510 Posts
In a perfect world there would be some pinned bmx platforms that look like old chrome touring pedals. For my type of riding, the pinned platforms work fine. The only time I might need clipless is in a really high cadence situation. I don't race, and I always coast downhill. I have scoliosis and have to wear a lift on or in my left shoe. I might could put the lift insert in a pair of MTB shoes if they have enough toe room. But anything like a cycling shoe, track shoe or western boot means a lift on bottom. And that means a custom pair of shoes. Which for cycling shoes probably runs at least $200-300 bills probably more. That's not worth it to me. Also I find that the ability to move the feet around on the pedals during a long ride very valuable to relive the feet. As for the hills, I strictly push down with the power pedal and clear the other one. No pulling up at all. The worst part is always having to field the questions constantly from the would be converters to the House Of Clipless.

No that is not the worse thing. The worse thing is that it seems that most every rider wearing clipless I encounter has to slowly take off from a stoplight and lolligag through the stoplight until the get their feet clipped in. To me this creates a dangerous situation as the light goes back to yellow then red. If I am behind them I have to sprint around or else I might get hung out in the intersection. Why can't these people just quickly pedal to the other side out of harm's way and then get clipped in? And don't get me started on the people that won't downshift (if they are geared) coming into a stop sign or red light. Then it takes them forever to get rolling again and they are still in the intersection when their light turns back to red.

Sorry for the vent.