Old 01-30-12, 06:01 PM
Pamestique 
Shredding Grandma!

Bikes: I don't own any bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
GOOD NEWS: Most 2012 bikes are either white, partly white or have white on them. It's hard to find a bike without white.

BAD NEWS: Prices have gone crazy.

I just assisted a gal pal in finding a new bike. She did not want a used bike and against my best advice started looking at new. She knows nothing about bikes and it was hard to convince her the most important thing was 1) fit 2) components and 3) frame material. She was focused in on color (anything BUT white). Long story short (since I posted this ordeal already) is I found out Trek is selling a better bike for the money than Specialized. I think Specialize, although the bikes are nice looking, have really overpriced the bikes compared to other manufacturers.

My friend did settle on a 2011 Madone 3.1 Carbon frame; compact double with mostly 105 for around $1450 (that includes a $109 Trek Red Shield warranty). I guess that was a deal. It was compared to everything else we saw out there. I did see some good deals at Jensen USA and others suggested Bikesdirect.com.

Welcome back if only for awhile...

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.