Old 07-19-05, 02:34 PM
jitteringjr

Bikes: 2018 Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 9.0 2016 Bombtrack Arise Campy build cross bike 2005 Fuji Outland Pro

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MSC
Did you honestly think Levi and Floyd would finish ahead of Basso and Ullrich?
Not really but I had hopes.

Originally Posted by MSC
Let's step back a second, though, and look at the bigger picture. Barring disaster, there will be THREE AMERICANS in the TOP TEN at the Tour, FIVE in the TOP TWENTY (Julich and Hincapie are 17th and 18th), along with two US riders (Zabriskie, Hincapie) winning stages (and, oh, man, by just 200m, almost Horner, too!) and a likely podium guy (Hamilton) not there. A truly unbelievable performance by our guys.
Cheers to that.

OK maybe disapointed is too strong of a word, but I still would have liked to see them be more aggressive. My disapointment is from a fans stand point, not a stand point of thier performance. More attacks by them would have made the race even more exciting and it has been great so far.

Originally Posted by Laggard
Considering Landis has never finished higher than 23rd, I think he's ridden way above himself.
Saying what Landis best performance in the tour so far means nothing as he was doing his job perfectly before by supporting Lance and not being concerned with his GC performance.

Originally Posted by Allen H
As long as Landis finishes in the top 10-12 and Levi finishes in the top 6 or 7 (which both should do, barring crashes or illness), I can't imagine anyone could call their performances "disappointing".
I felt they were better than that. Still do. One can argue that not riding up to one's potential is "disappointing" to at least the rider himself.