Old 02-02-12, 09:03 PM
Shutter

Bikes: Vitus 992 x2, Miele, Cambio Rino, Rossin, Pinarello, CIOCC, Cannondale, Devinci

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chad1376
For $100 frame, fork + usable odds/ends, I don't think you have much to loose in experimenting with fixed. My C-dale frame is significantly nicer that, say, my new nashbar aluminum fixed frame - with the exception being ease of chain adjustment.

I built mine up about 7-years ago and I pretty much used all bargin bin components (Tektro brakes, cheap schraeder-valve Sun rims, alivio front hub etc.) Once you get your chain figured out, I say just build it up and have fun with it. I know I love mine.
Yea, I really do like the frame geometry! I'm going to do some experimenting... If I can get the chain tension good with minimal work I will make it a SS for now, if it's too much hassle I will get it going again as a road bike... I was able to get some shimano 600 brake levers and calipers today for pretty cheap and I can probably get the derailleur going with a little elbow grease... Only thing left would be some used bar end shifters or down tube shifters... The wheels have shimano 600 hubs, 8 speed cassette, shimano 600 crank, and a shimano 600 cartridge headset so it would be fairly easy to make it a full 600 road bike... Come to think about it that would make a sweet little ride! Hmmm... I've got some work to do... But first step is to stop buying bikes! I'm buying two more tomorrow.. Way too many projects on the go over here =)