View Single Post
Old 07-19-05, 11:30 PM
filtersweep

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by wetjett01
i'm in the process of turning a '86 Schwinn World Sport into a fixed machine. i have a set of Sakae SX 170 cranks to put on it but other than that i'm still building up a list of parts. My question is...Has anyone out there built up a World Sport fixie and if so what BB size( i have a un52-107 but i'm thinking thats gonna be way to short) and rear hub did you use to get the proper chain clearance and straight chain line. Also a mention of anyone's fav rim/tire setups and bar/stem setup would be cool. i always like to hear what other people are raving about.

thanks for any help
Actually, I'm using a 107 on my Prologue- it is perfect. A 109.5 is a modern Shimano double, and I'd argue it is a bit wide. Remember, you'd divide that 2.5mm difference by two, since it isn't an asymmetrical BB spindle.

If you already have it, why not try it?

Why rave about anything going on an old World Sport? Use what you have... scrounge... I'm using a Nashbar rear that I laced to a Mavic CXP10 rim- mismatched to an old Campy Vento front, a TTT post, Mutant Stem with Stratus bullhorns. I paid next to nothing for an old 600 crankset... or any of the parts, for that matter.