View Single Post
Old 02-09-12, 11:29 PM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by Sayre Kulp
I was looking through some of my photos albums on Facebook and there was one picture of me where you commented about needing to redo the picture now that I'm leaner. Brother, will you have a LOT of pictures to retake! And if I know you, I suspect there will be a few more mountain top pics as well.
It's an interesting idea. However, I think I'll just add to rather than replace those photos. My legs were never what I hid behind. My obesity was. That I got so fat bothers me, but not that I have a valgus deformity. The latter is part of me, the former what I used to keep myself from learning who I am.

It's much like the question you and I in happier days used to toss around - "Who is Sayre Kulp?" You got fat to keep him hidden. By losing weight you got to know him.

BTW, again I don't mean to threadjack, but you might find a posting on Whiteblaze.net amusing. Some newbie named The Historian is asking about hiking the Appalachian Trail on replacement knees.... I'd link but the site is down for a software upgrade.