Bulky Bullet

Bikes: Burley Koosah / RANS Zenetik Pro / Catrike Expedition

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Neil_B
Has this improved?
Actually, it has. And you'll never believe why.

During the summer of 2011, I got down to an all-time low for myself - 260 lbs. In the months that followed, I had to modify my routine due to "life complications." I had much less time for long hours of cardio, so I began lifting again to get what activity I could in the time available. The result was gaining about 30 pounds over the next four months. For a little while I got quite upset about seeing the number on the scale going back up. Once I took a look in the mirror, I realized that the gain was from muscle and that my body fat had actually continued to go down. Not only that, but my excess skin is continuing to catch up with the rest of me.

It's frustrating sometimes, when I know that it's going to take a while for my previously stretched out skin to come back to where it belongs, but certain places (legs, arms, shoulders, & neck) look like they belong on someone much skinnier than I. It at least gives a hint of things to come, which makes the waiting game a little easier to deal with sometimes.