Chris516
24-Speed Machine

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Allez 24-Speed Road Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by BigDill
Have any of you gotten a ticket for not abiding by car rules?
Never

Originally Posted by AlmostTrick
If you want to be seen and treated as a valid part of traffic, it helps if you take your place in the lane at intersections just like any other vehicle would. If you roll up along the right edge of the road drivers are probably more likely to treat you as a pedestrian.
+100000

Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
I never engage in "stoppig show-downs" because I don't trust that the motorist behind me won't do something stupid in a blind rage because I'm blocking his path through the intersection. Also, I think that blocking traffic to uphold person dogma is impolite.
While I know that it may tick off the motorist behind me, I still do it. Maybe I have seen/heard of, too instances where someone gets in their vehicle after leaving the business and unintentionally creates a new 'drive through' by not changing from reverse to forward/forward to reverse. The same sort of thing with motorists at an intersection, they may have their foot on the brake, but they could suddenly step on the gas when they weren't supposed to. The running theme, moronic motorists not paying attention.

Originally Posted by sd_mike
Don't go when someone "waves" you to go... Another driver did that for another driver that pulled out in front of me... causing me to collide. I ended up with three fractures in my face, two sprained wrists and a sprained neck. Most seem to wave because they want to have that "I did something nice today" feeling. Causing injury to another isn't nice. You go when you deem it safe, no other time. Unless the person waving is a cop and controls the intersection, you have no reason to proceed.
+1000

When a driver waves for me to go first, I vehemently shake my head 'NO!'.

Last edited by Chris516; 02-11-12 at 06:00 PM.