Old 02-11-12, 09:31 PM
xoxoxoxoLive

Bikes: 2013 TREK 7.6 FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimbo47
I ride on pavement most of the time, and this park has miles of hardpacked single track and it's a popular mountain bike park, so it gets a lot of traffic from the true mountain bike crowd, and the trails are smoother than pavement in some areas, and those are the areas I tend to ride, and then head on back to paved trails to complete my route.

The Greeway is paved and runs for miles through the major creek drainages throughout the city, and about three quarters of a mile long is a wooden boardwalk over a swampy wetlands area that is pretty cool, but paved is where it's at for a hybrid.

I wouldn't get too agressive off road with it though, or you might have to deal with some pinch flats or wheels getting out of true.

The gearing and the 700 X 32's can handle some hills and some bumps if you watch your line, but it's better to save the tough trails for the real mountain bikes.

I've got 222 miles on this bike as of today and it's just now broken in. I went over it the other day and tuned it up and she sure rides good, and shifts smooth.

It's a great bike for the money!
That looks like an awesome place to ride ! And I know you must be happy with that Insight 2, you know I have the Insight 1. But did ride the 2, after I had already got the other, should have waited. Oh Well, Richard