Old 02-16-12, 08:58 AM
Cb8s

Bikes: Specialized robaix, crosstrail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello from Mesa Arizona

Last year i decided to get back into cycling. I have had this biking passion since i was a young boy. The freedom and peace of a long bike ride is the best therapy in the world! I turned 50 last year and bought 2 new bikes. About 5 years ago i bought an electra townie. I loved it and it renewed my interest in cycling. Then last year i picked up a specialized crosstrail and did some trail riding. Then a friend invited me to ride in a 50 mile ride and after a nice bonus from the company. I went to the bike shop and got a full carbon specialized roubaix. And i was hooked. Thats my go to bike now after a couple century rides and as many miles that i can get in each week.

I now am putting the townie up for sale. Just to make some room because i am looking at a surly LHT for a charity ride that i will be doing this october 500 miles!

I love looking forward to events. They keep me motivated to push harder and lose more weight.

When i was a kid i took my raleigh three speed everywhere, i dont remember ever caring about how fast i was going or if someone passed me. I just loved that i could get there with my own power. I have that feeling back now.