Old 02-16-12, 06:16 PM
summiluxer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Colnago CLX 2.0 + '12 Chorus 11s (new member!)

Hi everyone,

In my mind, this is my first "real" road bike. I had been riding on a generic aluminum frame for a couple years before seriously hurting myself in another sport (compound fracture of the leg). I just moved up to the Bay Area as some of you might have already seen me talk about! I'm really happy to be here and I'm trying to get back into the shape I used to be in (ready to flip that damn stem over! :thumbup: )

This bike is no WW - the bike originally was built up with Ultegra 6700 but I took the plunge for the Chorus 11 - I'm not sure exactly how much weight it's dropped since then (pre Chorus 11 weight was 17.5 give or take). I would like to at least get it down to 15lbs eventually, is that even feasible?

I just wanted to get feedback on what future mods might be slowly making their way onto this bike, I love it! Here's the build:

I want to be able to drop some weight over time, but reasonably so, mainly without incurring too high of a cost. Here are a few things that I'd like to stick to in general: clinchers/tubeless, Speedplay pedals, flat top handlebars. If you have pointers on how I can either increase performance (do those jockey wheels even help?) or reduce the bike's weight on a skimpy college-student budget, please let me know.