View Single Post
Old 02-20-12, 03:28 PM
dgasmd
shedding fat

Bikes: LOOK 595 Ultra/Campy Record 10Sp, restored Guerciotti/Campy C-Record 6 Sp, TIME RXR/Campy SR 11Sp, and Colnago C-60 with Campagnolo SR 11sp.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by gadabout007
This forum needs a pic of the month competition.

At the end of the month, tally up all the nominations and have a poll for the top five nominated pictures.

Maybe bikeforums could kick in a Premium Membership Trial for the winner, if not, it could be for bragging rights.
The only issue I see with this is that in BF only about 5% of the people have reading comprehension skills. That thread, like every other really, will get filled with replies of the same pictures quotes over and over again with tangential unsolicited opinions about every mundane thing in it. If there was a way to simply post the pictures and vote on the them rather than collect 600 useless opinions about them, I would be all over it.

Originally Posted by StephenH
I would suggest that the Road Cycling Picture of the Month should include some Road Cycling, which the picture above does not.

But that being said, be sure to post your road cycling pictures in Machka's weekly "Weekend Ride Reports", assuming they're taken on the weekend.
The picture above DOES have a road bike in it even if it is not with a rider on it moving. In my mind, it would qualify. BTW, the thread you are referring above is not normally called "Weekend Ride Reports", but rather "your weekend exercise/biking", which is likely the main reason it no longer gets more than 5-10 replies or any pictures. It used to be a pretty popular weekly thread. I used to start it weekly for about 3 years, and I would include pictures with a little story to go with it to get people enticed to do the same. Usually got quite a few replies and pictures in it. It has certainly taken a dive since those days.