Old 02-24-12, 12:16 PM
Don in Austin
Don from Austin Texas

Bikes: Schwinn S25 "department store crap" FS MTB, home-made CF 26" hybrid, CF road bike with straight bar, various wierd frankenbikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by alcahueteria
A colleague and I are doing a project on cycling in Philadelphia. We developed a frame to be installed on a bike to give it a larger footprint to keep cars at bay and to also, hopefully, highlight the 4' space now required by PA's House Bill 170 when passing cyclists.

https://vimeo.com/30966285

You can see it is clearly a very early iteration. Very much just a proof of concept. It was very well received though. We are now looking at how to make this safer and more adaptable and potentially even posting something to instructables about how to make them.

We have heard rumors and must assume that others have done it as well, but can't really find much about other projects…so I thought I would turn to the trusty forums to see if anyone else had run across anything?

If you are interested in the larger project, we are tyring to log our progress on a wordpress site: thesisdesignprocess.wordpress.com
Are you serious? This is a really bad idea! If you can't see why, it almost seems futile to try to explain it to you. But just let me say that having that mess sticking out of my bike would have made my morning ride extremely dangerous, and I couldn't even have gone half of where we rode last night even with total disregard for my safety. Don't bother posting instructions on how to make this abortion, I doubt you will have many takers.

Don in Austin