Old 02-24-12, 04:09 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Invictus35
I found another bike on CL. The guy said its a bianchi, and he sent me pics but I can't tell what model it is. It's missing cables And a seat. It's 10 speed and dark blue. I believe it's a piaggio. It looks exactly like this http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...ianchi-Piaggio how much should I pay for it. It's listed at 100 but maybe I can get it for 70? Or am I lowballing him
If it's missing cables and a seat, then it's probably a failed conversion attempt. And it failed for a reason. Now you are going to PAY him to take his problem off his hands. Not smart.

Can you tell us why you are opposed to buying a NEW fixed gear bike for $300? That is really the very best guaranteed option. There are a LOT of crap bikes being sold out there. If you don't know what you want and especially what you don't want, you will likely wind up buying something bad or not worth what you'll pay to get it up and running.

Man, I've owned over 40 or 50 bikes. I've bought them new, used, and built them from scratch. You came here asking for advice. We are giving it to you and you are not listening.