View Single Post
Old 02-25-12, 07:33 PM
ThermionicScott 
working on my sandal tan

Bikes: 1991 Bianchi Eros, 1964 Armstrong, 1988 Diamondback Ascent, 1988 Bianchi Premio, 1987 Bianchi Sport SX, 1980s Raleigh mixte (hers), All-City Space Horse (hers)

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3871 Post(s)
Liked 2,568 Times in 1,579 Posts
Originally Posted by Zoxe
I get lots of random "observations" from the chuckleheads at my office about biking and life and everything. I ignore them as best I can, but it's still irritating.

During a morning bull session over coffee, a coworker asked me what I was doing that weekend. "Well, I'm going to Chicago for my first sprint Triathlon."

"Oh, you're in no shape for that, are you?"

I was devastated. I was already nervous about finishing the course and the jerk just piled on.

I did well at the Tri and beat my target time by 7 minutes. On Monday morning, I walked directly to his desk and all but threw my medal at him. He didn't remember the conversation and had no idea why I was p*ssed off.

I realized later that to him, it was just idle chitchat. To me, it was something near and dear to my heart. I don't share much with him anymore, but still listen to him whine about his college-graduate kids who can't get jobs and his loveless marriage.

(And no, I'm not bitter about it. )
That was a jackass thing for him to say even if it was idle chitchat. Sounds like he's got a lot to be miserable about.
People in this forum are not typical.
RUSA #7498