View Single Post
Old 07-22-05, 10:05 AM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
Last night on the way home I had a run-in with some punk asshat on a bmx bike. It was 5:15pm in downtown when the sidewalks are full people leaving work. This genius was on the sidewalk next to the new Dept. of Education building when he started pumping his little boy bike up to maximum speed (15mph by my computer) and pops a wheelie, riding pretty much the entire block on one wheel. When he got to the end of the block he nearly took out an older female pedestrian, and was nearly taken out himself by a car taking a right turn.

I yelled, "Stay off the sidewalk, idiot!" And he gave me the finger, yelled "F*ck you!" and took off down an alley.

Well, I was pissed. So I turned at the next corner and I found myself about 100 yards behind the yahoo. I just kept spinning and closing the gap and when I got right on his hip I said, "Look. I don't care if you hurt yourself, but when you threaten the safety of pedestrians, it makes us all look bad."

He turned WHITE. And then he started cussing me again and tried to sprint away. Well, I'm on a road racer and he's got one gear and 20 inch wheels, so I chased him a bit. And lectured him, but mostly chased him because I wanted to see how long he could maintain 20 mph on his little toy bike. I said, "Why don't you give your little brother back his bike and you can grow up and get yourself a big boy bike, you can ride on the street like an adult."

I was still pissed, but that was fun.