View Single Post
Old 03-02-12, 06:02 AM
Old Al
Make every day count!

Bikes: Vintage (84) Trek 510 Single Speed Conversion, 1997 Waterford 1250, Surley Long Haul Trucker, Brompton, Sun EZ Sport AX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
While I no longer use Weight Watchers, I am a life time member since before the points thing started. Currently I watch calories and I kind of tinker around with how many activity calories to replace. When I make an effort to not replace more than 50% of the calories I expend I might lose a little or maintain current weight. In January of this year I tried to not replace activity calories and I lost 10 pounds (starting the month at 185 and ending at 175)

That said, on days when I expend a lot of calories, yesterday was a 40 mile round trip bike to work day, I allow myself to eat more. Still, I do not think I replaced more than 80% of the calories burned. My current goal is 166.5. My WW lifetime goal more than 30 years ago was 168.

Continue to work at it and don't give up. My message is it can be done, small changes yield big results. (My WW starting weight at 25 years old was 263)