View Single Post
Old 03-04-12, 07:34 PM
banerjek
Portland Fred

Bikes: Custom Winter, Challenge Seiran SL, Fuji Team Pro, Cattrike Road/Velokit, РOS hybrid

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by 2manybikes
That happens to me once in a while. I don't fall asleep, but, it's easy if I try.
I once had a coffee in the morning and none in the afternoon. So I had a caffeen crash at that time of day. Which made it worse.
If you have one coffee in the morning you need to have another later in the day if you're doing a long ride.
Or stop drinking coffee totally. A friend of mine had the exact same problem when I was training her for a century ride. She had a huge cup of coffee,in the morning, then nothing. Fixed now.
I avoid caffeine like the plague. The lone exception is when I want help staying alert behind the wheel. But if I'm crashing, no dose can save me -- even a couple cans of Red Bull and chewing a serrano has surprisingly little effect.

For a little boost when I plan to be out for awhile, my go to for years has been to toss down a couple bottles of Ensure Plus. Easy on the stomach, it gives good energy, and there's no crash. It's also not bad for recovery.