Old 03-05-12, 10:52 AM
calamarichris
Banned.

Bikes: '09 Felt F55, '84 Masi Cran Criterium, (2)'86 Schwinn Pelotons, '86 Look Equippe Hinault, '09 Globe Live 3 (dogtaxi), '94 Greg Lemond, '99 GT Pulse Kinesis

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked 270 Times in 153 Posts
Thanks for the compliment TripleB, and you are very welcome too.
It really was a neat day and an even better perspective to see it from. When you ride the event, you probably see a few dozen other riders who are close to your pace during the day. When you volunteer at an aid station, you get to see hundreds of tired riders come by. But I ended up motorcycling either 450 or 480 miles on Saturday and saw everyone several times in various states of exertion, fatigue, and happiness, as well as the beautiful course. I really love the culture of these AdventureCorps events.

Jmx: I don't think you should feel at all lame about riding in a paceline. It's not the Death Valley Fall Time-Trial! And I didn't recognize you in the Vette. (Should have remembered from the GMR ride.) That was a good morning and a good road to maintain the legal speed limit. I only got 42mpg on the way home, but that motorcycle luggage acts like a parachute.

Can't wait for Hell's Gate!

Last edited by calamarichris; 03-05-12 at 10:57 AM.