delacrank
Delacrank

Bikes: Bianchi Pista, Road Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
World's Smartest Bike Messenger

Some of you may remember about a couple of months ago i posted a thread about buying a new bike. Originally, i wanted to buy a Cervelo Track Bike, but seeing how it was too expensive for me at the time, I had to go with the Bianchi Super Pista. This is a picture of the bike i put together

It's Basically a
Frame: Bianchi Super Pista
Handlebars: Deda Pista
Cranks: Sugino 75
BB: Phil
Wheels: Mavic Ellispe
Tires: Gatorskin/ Vittoria Randonnuer
Pedals/Straps: Animal House/Hold Fast
Saddle/Seatpost: Thompson/Brooks B17 (Broken in)
Etc.: Pitlocks

So basically, it's like the best bike i have ever owned and cost me alittle over 2400 for the parts and to build. Now, on the other thread people were trying to convince me not to buy the bike, 'cause it's stupid for a man who makes a little over ten - eleven dollars an hour to ride a really expensive bike; and then proceeded to state the many reasons why this is just a bad idea.

Let me get to the point, for some reason, without any rational thought, i decided to use this bike to make my runs for the day and then went to my class at night (I'm a student). I had planned to wrap the frame and remove the stickers from the tires to make it appear less flashy, however it was the first day and i still hadn't got the wrapping yet or bothered to remove the stickers.

During class, we had a break, so i came down to check on the bike at about 7:40 pm. Following that class ended at 9:15 pm. I came down to find my Fuhgetdaboutit chain sprawled on the floor and my American Lock cut just underneath a mail box.

Now, you can imagine how long it would take me to save up that kind of money, thankfully i had a big tax refund so that helped me a little. All in all, I think I learned my lesson today. Would i have been happier if I could have rode the bike for more than a day? I guess we will never know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG00223-20120304-1855.jpg (94.4 KB, 363 views)
IMG00226-20120304-1857.jpg (91.9 KB, 183 views)
IMG00225-20120304-1856.jpg (83.1 KB, 199 views)
IMG00229-20120304-2007.jpg (74.0 KB, 168 views)