View Single Post
Old 03-08-12, 06:32 AM
zzOtherlandzz

Bikes: 2011 Rocky Mountain Vertex 29'r, 2007 Trek 1500 -- 2003 Gary Fisher Tassajara -- 2006 Gary Fisher Tassajara Disc (converted to touring bike)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gpsblake
Good weather although a storm looked like it was ready to dump, but never did. 25 miles, about half of it on dirt roads riding my newest Walmart bike, Schwinn Sidewinder. Handled the ride very well but I got to get used to those 26 x 2 1/4 inch monster tires. So much more energy compared to the 700x28 of my other Wally World bike.
Welcome to the thread... I am not a Walmart bike hater!! I started riding as an adult about 9 years ago now because of a Walmart bike. (well ok got it at K-Mart, got the second and 3rd one at Walmart though). Cost me $79 bucks and an hour in the store deciding if I would really ride it, if i got it. I was pretty heavy at the time it lasted about 8 months, riding 5 times a week (not long rides wasn't in shape enough for that). The second and 3rd bikes I got at Walmart cost me over $100 each, one for me one for the nephew. He rode the bike maybe 4 times total. Those 2 bikes lasted me about 18 months and 2000 miles. Sooooo yep..... Wally bikes got me riding.

Like others have said on here... The best bike there is .... is the one you ride!!

Jay.......