View Single Post
Old 03-08-12, 04:22 PM
EKW in DC

Bikes: Trek 830 Mountain Track Drop bar conversion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice ride home last night despite the headwind. Apparently the Fourteenth Street Bridge was closed at some point before I went across for a suspicious package or abandoned backpack, though I only gathered that from a local cycling board. I saw no signs of anything having happened by the time I crossed at six it so. I did see a jogger on the bridge with an "Ask Me About Ron Paul" tee shirt, which made me chuckle a little, given Ron Paul's position on federal funding for facilities like the one he was getting to use for a run. Had I been of wicket wit our more confrontational, I might have tried to think of something to say, but I just kept riding.

I had an aggressive driver try to muscle his way past me approaching a red light with a bike box close to home. He largely succeeded, except I just rolled past back in front of him and took up a nice place to stop and wait for the light in front of him in the crosswalk. :-) I wasn't trying to be a douİhe, but I couldn't understand why the puffiness from this particular driver, so I asserted my rights with my positioning.

Nice tailwind-assisted ride to work this morning, with a stop for a free promo breakfast item at a restaurant nineteen home and office. Free breakfast food... Yay! Quite warm too. 55+ when I left home around 8. Shirts and a shirt sleeve shirt was perfect!

Wind is really howling now, with what will be a headwind for the ride home sustained at 25 mph, gusting to 40. Yippee! :sarcasm: