Old 03-08-12, 11:25 PM
Mobile 155

Bikes: 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1470 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue_and_Orange
Because I need to be able to see it in person before I buy it, and going to one or two bike shops is a lot simpler than going to dozens of websites. Also, I doubt I will spend more than five hundred on my bike, not including all the accessories I need. Even after accessories, it should not cost more than seven or eight hundred- and that's if I get my accessories at the expensive bike shop. I will most likely ask the shop to do what I cannot do.
Try before you buy works best with the Bike, Shoes, Jersey and shorts. I have been known to use Nashbar, Performance Bikes, REI, Jensens, Universal and some others now and then. But I also then to give my LBS a chance to meet or beat the price I get online. If they can't at least I gave them a shot and sometimes they have access to the same places the online people get some of their stuff from. If the LBS gets within 10 percent I buy from them and avoid shipping costs. I give the LBS as much business as I can because I like to support local business. But if there is a big enough difference in price on something i have to have I'll order it. But in my case the reason I shop Performance is I can order it or get it at the store, same price except for the gas to pick it up.