Old 03-10-12, 02:17 AM
EM42
smallwheelsonly

Bikes: SmallWheelOnly

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I know your trying to save money but are you looking for a japanese made folding bike or just a surplus bike that came from Japan as most of them are imported from china with japanese brand on them. they are supermarket bikes as thats where they get them.

although there a many japanese folding bike manufacturers they are extremely low volume production and very high on price im talking about $1500~$4000 in US dollars and not exported anywhere else but mainly for local market. the very few that shows up on foreign shores are mainly brought by their owners or people that export them individually.

the "japan bikes" that are all over asia are bikes that were confiscated/cleaned up from the streets mainly left by owners or parked illegally are auctioned off and ends up in countries like yours Malaysia.

most japanese own several bikes they leave them at the train station, work, and wherever they normally go they don't bring the bikes inside the train and the ones that are illegally parked are cleaned out of the streets and auctioned off.

by the looks of the bikes on the blog link Im almost sure they are chinese made bikes imported in japan and rebranded by the importer or the supermarket chain. but somebody jump in and tell me i'm dead wrong.

the expensive Japanese made folding bikes are kept at home after use and not left out on the streets or bike garages and never end up in foreign shores