Old 03-11-12, 10:06 PM
Youaintgotjack

Bikes: Yuba Mundo (sold), Yuba Boda Boda (sold), now I ride a batavus Personal Delivery Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi folks- so I ended up going to my LBS on Friday and they recommended liners and the pre-slimed tubes. For $59 I got the tubes and liners fitted with a 12 month no flat guarantee (free repair and replacement if I get a flat). I managed to borrow a pump from my mum and it has a P.S.I. gauge built in. I'm also trying to learn what the right pressure feels like so I can just stop at a gas station if needed.

I know there are a multitude of different opinions on this subject and have appreciated everyone's comments. It seemed like this was the most affordable fix for me at the time and the simplest. The LBS owner said the only downside would be the added weight and we all had a chuckle about that because honestly that is not on my "worry radar" for the time being.

Since fitting the flat I've been out twice and took my longest ride to date (just over 10 miles). I honestly haven't noticed any change in weight at all between baby gear and my gear- I couldn't tell.

Thank you all for your help and comments! Love this forum!