View Single Post
Old 03-12-12, 02:12 AM
Cycle_novice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
35 and learning to ride a bike again

Thanks for the support! I went out on Friday night and bought a Bulls Cross Swing Street bike, which is sporty and practical for riding here in Holland.

Before picking up the bike I watched some of the Youtube clips on adults learning to ride. I dont know if that was helpful or not because it just made me more terrified! haha. I put the seat all the way down, so that my feet could touch the ground easily, which was a huge help. I didnt have problems with the balance so much as starting and stopping! Steering was a little scary at first, I was very jerky, which just made me more scared. But I got the hang of it rather quickly, and the next day I actually went out for a nice ride along a bike path. I am still struggling a bit with starting and stopping. I have some scratches and bruises from the pedals banging into my shins when I try to stop, but I am proud to say I never fell!

I'm really looking forward to spending time on new bike trails and forests. I feel like a kid again with my new bike!