Old 03-12-12, 09:49 AM
bobotech

Bikes: Specialized Sequoia Elite/Motobecane Fantom Cross Team Ti/'85 Trek 520

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanks for the info. You are right, Bianchigirll, that is what is most important, the value of the utility of my wheels. I really wanted a set of 27 inch rims that had matching rims at least with as close as possible matching hubs and a freehub. I'm a very heavy person and I don't like freewheels for that reason. i keep on bending rear axles due to my weight when it comes to freewheels.

So having a set of wheels made with brand new Araya rims and rebuilt freehub and front hub is very important to me over the actual monetary value. i was just wondering if a set of unusual wheels like mine had much value on the open market.

I will probably build one more set of these wheels if we still have a couple of new Araya 36 hole rims in the stockpile just to have a backup set and/or a set to put on another classic bike.

Part of the problem I'm running into is that all we have are a couple of 36 hole and a couple of 40 hole Araya 27 inch new rims. So finding a 36 hole front hub that matches a rear 36 hole free hub is rather difficult since I'm insisting on using a freehub in the rear.